Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Epic hopscotch

This weekend, some neighbourhood kids (and perhaps not-so-young children) drew an epic hopscotch course on the sidewalk. I noticed it when I saw people hopping funny from my window.

Indeed, they could not help themselves:


The course starts normally:


But then expands on the traditional hop scotch arrangement:


It's so long that the creators helpfully schedule a break:


I suppose the break included beer:


In my favourite sequence, the old-fashioned concept of hopscotch meets some kind of platform video game about mid-way through, starting with the lava level (the hot pink squiggles)...


encountering the Matrix...


And then time travelling to the 80's...


Danger presented itself as a torn-up sidewalk in front of where a house was just moved (seriously. Someone moved an entire house three blocks and made a big mess at two sites).
I don't think the Bud box was always there.

How long was the course? It stretched beyond one long city block:


Into the high 400s!
The end:


Credits (blurry) ...

1 comment:

Daorcey Le Bray said...

Hurray for Apocalypse Cow (who seem to be involved in this project)!

I recommend seeing them at the Fringe (or any other venue).