Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A timeline

Fri., July 31: I decide to move

Tues., Aug. 4: I find an apartment I like and I take it. One of the advantages is that it is empty and I can move in earlier.

Mon., Aug. 10: Houseguests: My sister and my friend Jeff arrive to prepare for their show in the Fringe Festival, for which Anna is the stage manager and Jeff is the playwright/producer.

Wed., Aug. 12: I move in under 2 1/2 hours thanks to many friends, a rented cube truck, and the short distance between the old and new places. One houseguests leaves in the afternoon.

Thurs., Aug. 13: Fringe fest begins

Fri., Aug. 14: Houseguest returns, with significant other. Houseguest count up to three, then back to one as newest houseguests find another futon to sleep on. They will return the next day. Apartment full of boxes.

Sun., Aug. 16: Two of three houseguests leave. Apartment still full of boxes, but not as many as before.

Fri., Aug. 21: Jeff returns, and yet another houseguest arrives. Houseguest total: three. Fewer boxes in apartment. Much use made of recycling and garbage bins in alley.

Sat. Aug. 22: IKEA! Dining table assembled. Drop leaf! Oooh!

Sun., Aug. 23: One house guest leaves. Wrap party of three.

Mon., Aug. 24: Two remaining houseguests leave. Living room seems much bigger without air mattress on floor. Wash three sets of sheets and a blanket. Resume writing dissertation chapter, realizing that overseas family trip is less than two weeks away. Consider shitting self, but then realize that there is no time for clean up.

Pages written in the last two weeks: 0.5
Pages written tonight: 2.5

Total pages: almost 14. Let's round down to 13.5 and bank the rest for tomorrow.

No comments: