Scarf #5
Scarves #3 and #4 have yet to be photographed, but I had to get a record of #5 because I mailed it to its new home in Ottawa this weekend. Photos have been embargoed until now.
Ain't it purdy?
It's a cable knit scarf using this pattern and four 50g skeins of this yarn. It was my first time knitting cables and I was determined to use a pattern that was cabled on both sides (so that both sides were presentable, though clearly one side is prettier). Turns out I picked a pattern that required eight cables for every set of eight rows. Let's just say that I am now adept at cable knitting.
The "prettier" side:
The "still pretty" side:I love the slight variegation in the yarn, which is a lovely shade of blue with occasional sections of white. Hopefully it wears well and doesn't shed too much.
3 comments:
Beautiful job, Mary! Hmm, I am jealous of your cables... I'll have to learn cables this summer.
:) Anna
I see you've become quite adept with the camera. Yay!
Confession: while the scarf is quite nice, I originally clicked to read this post because I was thinking of "scarf" as slang to eat hurriedly (eg: "I scarfed down that Klondike Bar").
Therefore, I was hoping the Scarf #5 would be pictures about a great meal you'd recently enjoyed.
I was not disappointed at my surprise of finding a garment... only hungry.
Post a Comment