Tuesday, June 10, 2008

this close

I am at 45 pages and missing a conclusion. I still need to go through it and make some revisions before sending it to my supervisor. I am meeting my supervisor this Thursday, which essentially gives me two days to whip this chaper into shape. We will not be discussing the chapter on Thursday since I have been so slow, but it would be nice to at least have the first draft finished.

I feel like I have been thisclose to finishing the chapter for a week, but each time I sit down to write, the analysis just keeps getting longer. I noticed something new about the novel's ending tonight so that had to be incorporated (yes, it was relevant). The end of a chapter is like the ever-receding horizon. It just gets further and further away the more you chase after it.

What I absolutely must do before submitting it is going through and revising. In its current state, I'm pretty sure that it's stronger than the first draft of chapter one, but frankly I haven't read the whole thing through in its entirety yet, so I could just be deluding myself.

Tomorrow's plan: print out all 45 pages, do a read-through and edit, and write a fucking conclusion.

Pages written today: 3
Running page count: 45 (!)
Pages written at conference, here and there: not sure

No comments: