More Places to Go! (3)
Though Robert Adam designed many exteriors, he is best known for his interior work. One of his interior-only projects was Syon House. Do check out the website and take the virtual tour. Imagine walking in and being greeted by this hall:
On a less majestic note, I should also go to the historical archives at the Soane Museum, which has over 8,800 (yes, over eight thousand) drawings by Robert and James Adam (his brother), including drawings of furniture.
And still on the archive front, I need to check out the Royal Institute of British Architects and its papers.
See? Being a grad student isn't all gallivanting around England taking pictures of 200-year-old houses. Sometimes you have to read things.
1 comment:
Dude, the John Soane museum is right down the street from where I work... Rode past it on the way to work today.
Shamefully, I've never been...
Post a Comment