Sunday, July 30, 2006

Start bailing

My apartment is leaking:



















It's been raining since about noon, and got home at 4:30 today to a damp couch and damp floor. It's not clear how the water is getting into my building, but it's coming out through my window frame:



















I called my managers and they gave me a bucket and some rags, and one of them set up a tin-foil eaves-system to catch the water and redirect it to a bucket. It's mostly the left window frame, but my center one has just started leaking as well.



















My couch and my desk used to be up against that wall, but I've moved my couch back and my desk to another wall, just in case. There have been issues with the roof all summer; the manager told me today that three roofing companies have come in to check it out, but can't find where the water is coming in. I'm starting to consider moving, except that my exams are coming up.

In the meantime, it's supposed to rain the rest of today, plus probably Monday and Wednesday. This is not good.

No comments: