Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mock exam

Today I wrote a mock/practice exam, sitting at my desk for three hours and writing two essays. I didn't manage my time very well and wrote a long essay for part B without a conclusion and a short essay (though I think a better one--more analytic) for part A but without an introduction. Overall, though, I'm pleased with the result because it tells me that I'm prepared for at least the first of my three exams in terms of knowledge. I felt confident in the answers I was giving, and didn't feel like I was drawing too many blanks. In fact, I flipped over the question sheet, skimmed the questions and thought, "that's it?"

So while this would ostensibly make me more confident, I still feel that I'm need to shore up my work on my other two lists (I've been particularly remiss in reading poetry). I still need to leave two weeks at the end for review. In fact, I have just under four weeks until I have to write my first exam.

Why aren't I panicking?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

No need to panic, that's why!