Overheard: Fringe Brunch
Sunday morning(ish), Jeff and I went for brunch at the Highlevel Diner, reputedly one of the best brunch places in Edmonton. I, as always, needed coffee; Jeff had a mimosa:
We sat on the patio, where the sun had melted the little basket of peanut butter and jams on the table, to the point where the peanut butter got very liquid-y:
(I should add here that we didn't discover the pouring peanut butter accidentally. Jeff noticed and then hoped that he would get toast with his breakfast so that he could pour the peanut butter on it. Whatever makes you happy.)
As we ate, I overheard the woman behind me talking to her dining companion. She was clearly a Fringe performer, discussing how she'd felt off during the previous night's show even though it had sold out. She noted regretfully that reviewers were likely in the audience for the poor performance, and then confessed that frankly, she'd never been as unexcited about the show as she was now.
I thought about asking her which show she was involved with, but Jeff said it would be bad form. And while I agree that it would have been rude and embarrassing, I still can't help wondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment