Exam 1: Rocked
Just coming down off the high you get when you know--just KNOW--that you did something well. Exam one was 11 full pages, typed, double-spaced and I had five minutes left over (wasn't rushed at all). It's amazing how focused you can become; all I noticed in the room was my exam paper and the computer--I barely even looked down at the keyboard. I made arguments, I backed up my claims with examples from novels, and I had time to proofread. I feel very good about the first set.
The plan for tonight is to decompress, rest, have dinner, watch Project Runway (which I downloaded last night) and go to bed at a decent hour. Tomorrow I will review for exam two.
Today's good exam was not foreshadowed by last night's mini-adventure. Last night I had the most difficult time sleeping because I was coughing so much (still a little sick). Drinking water seemed to make things worse, and I had no cough syrup at home. By the time it was 2 a.m., I knew that if I didn't do something, I wouldn't be able to sleep at all. So I checked online and learned that the Shoppers Drug Mart three blocks away was opened 24 hours (how come I never noticed that before?). So picture Mary getting dressed and going out at 2 a.m. to buy cough medication the night before her first exam. I didn't hestitate about the medication, either--I bought the extra-strength stuff. It worked and I got enough sleep, thankfully. Oddly, there was still a pharmacist working the overnight shift at Shoppers. Guy seemed a little bitter about his job; he wasn't very helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment