Clarissa is going to kill me
I spent a good part of the day (and night) trawling through an e-text of Clarissa looking first of all at all mentions of "worth" or "worthiness" or "unworthy", and then later looking for a specific reference to producing an heir for Mr. Solmes that I learned the hard way didn't actually exist. The problem with working on the longest novel written in English is that finding reference really does feel like looking for a needle in a haystack.
I also wrote a page-long paragraph about how the Sinclair House works to expose the prostitution of Clarissa that happens at Harlowe Place. It's unclear where I'm going with all this. I need to rethink this section.
Pages so far: 25 (I've taken quite a few days to catch up on secondary material)
Words I've added to spellcheck: hooped (as in petticoat), heterotopia (as in Foucault)
Coming up: A Harry Potter post to make up for this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment