Hat #1 (sort of)
This is not the first hat that I've knit. Before knitting this hat, I had even graduated to balaclavas (which require, let me tell you, way more yarn).
But after a summer full of gift knitting, I was determined to knit a hat for myself.
Here it is:
3 AM Cable Hat knitted with one 50g skein of Rowan Classic Yarns Soft Tweed, colour Thistle, on 7.0mm needles (circulars and dpns).
The brim is a little short, yes. I finished the hat (knit bottom to top) and had a little ball left over. Decided that the best thing to do was to pick up stitches at the bottom and knit in the 2x2 rib until the yarn was all used up. Turns out the line where I picked up stitches works as a natural fold. I like the pattern a lot, but wish there was a way to knit the hat top down so that I could be more efficient about yarn usage and not worry about how long to make the brim. I am tempted, however, to buy more yarn (I've been thinking a lot about Bunny Paint colorway 071 that I've seen at a couple of stores) and knit another hat using this pattern. We'll see.
And if I could figure out how to line this hat, I could even wear it in freezingest Edmonton winter. Suggestions?
And if I could figure out how to line this hat, I could even wear it in freezingest Edmonton winter. Suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment